This tax season, the Goldsboro Church is a partner site for the SpiriTrust Lutheran® Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program.
IRS Certified Volunteers will provide free income tax preparation. The suggested income threshold for those being served, whether individual or married, is $58,000.
Tax preparation appointments can be made for the following Saturdays (10 am to 3 pm):
Feb 1st, Feb 8th, Feb 22nd, Mar 7th, Mar 14th, and Apr 4th.
Specify date/time of requested appointment by leaving your name and phone number:
firstname.lastname@example.org or phone/text: 1-724-630-4956
What to Bring
• For married filing joint, both spouses must be present
• Photo identification for you and your spouse (if filing joint return)
• Social Security cards or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number documents for you, your spouse, and dependents
• Birth dates for you, spouse and dependents
• A copy of last year’s tax return
• All Forms W-2, 1098, and 1099
• Form 1095-A (Marketplace Health Insurance)
• Information for other income
• Information for all deductions/credits
• Total paid to day care provider and their tax ID number
• For direct deposit of refund: proof of account number
• For prior year returns: copies
Please see a professional preparer for assistance with complicated returns. For instance, we will be unable to prepare Schedule C (with loss, depreciation or business use of home) nor Complicated Schedule D (capital gains and losses).